Working out doesn’t have to be boring, monotonous, or even done at the gym. Grab a friend, a neighbor, or better yet the whole family and get in some extra movement throughout the day. Focusing on quick things you can incorporate into your day rather than finding an hour of time to hit the gym is just as effective, if not more! Below are some easy ways to add activity to your day with the whole family:
- Stand while you work or take a walking meeting
- While cleaning up the house, make it a point to make multiple trips up the stairs or get in some extra steps as you’re moving around
- Instead of fast-forwarding through the commercials of your recorded shows, do a few squats, lunges, or stretches instead.
- Get out the bikes or go for a walk, better yet make this a nightly routine
- Turn on some music and dance. If you have kids, grab them too, the sillier you are the more laughs you’ll have
Stuck in a rut—mix up your routine and don’t be afraid to think outside of the box!