APEX MONUMENTAL CHALLENGE
About the Monumental Challenge
JOIN THE CHALLENGE: COMPANY TEAM BUILDING FOR A GREAT CAUSE (AND BRAGGING RIGHTS)
At Apex Benefits, we’re all about helping employers create cultures of health. We exist to design and advocate for the most affordable and effective benefits programs for organizations so they can provide their employees with benefits that promote greater quality of life.
We are presenting sponsor of the Apex Benefits Monumental Challenge, not only to encourage fitness among our own employees, but to help other employers do the same. It’s a fun way for you and your colleagues to work toward fitness goals – whether that’s running a marathon or competing in a 5k for the very first time.
Companies of all sizes across Central Indiana compete annually in one of three categories according to total number of employees. To earn points, you participate in any number of the three Beyond Monumental events. Many of the events sell out early, so it’s best to get registered now!
- Monumental Mile (June 6)
- Indy Half Marathon at Fort Ben and 5k (October 5)
- CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5k (November 9)
We invite your organization to join us in friendly corporate competition as we promote wellness among our employees and healthy living across communities.
It’s a good cause and there are many benefits of participating:
- First of all, together we can make a Monumental Difference in the lives of your employees and the community. Healthy employees are more engaged, more productive and happier. And often cost employers less in medical claims.
- Also, Beyond Monumental is a non-profit organization whose proceeds are used to educate Indianapolis youth about the benefits of exercise, proper diet and healthy living.
- Finally, there’s no cost for companies to join the challenge. Take advantage of a healthy opportunity to create stronger internal connections among your employees.
Learn more about the Beyond Monumental events and the organization
The final standings are publicly announced each year at the Monumental Mile event on Monument Circle. Winning companies are determined based on the number of total points, divided by the number of employees participating in the Apex Benefits Monumental Challenge. The winning team from each division will not only earn bragging rights, but also receive an awards luncheon at their workplace and a traveling trophy for display.
There is no limit for the number of people from your organization who can participate.
Points will be awarded to companies as each employee registers to participate in each Monumental event as a runner, walker or volunteer.
Point opportunities include:
- Three (3) points: Completing the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (11/9)
- Two (2) points: Completing the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon (11/9)
- Two (2) points: Completing the Indy Half Marathon at Fort Ben (10/5)
- One (1) Point: Completing the Monumental Mile (6/6),
- One (1) Point: Completing the Indy Half Marathon at Fort Ben 5K and/or
- One (1) Point: Completing the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental 5K
- A Half (1/2) Point: Completing the Kids One Mile at the Indy Half Marathon at Fort Ben (10/5),
- A Half (1/2) Point: Completing the Kids Fun Run at the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (11/9)
- A Half (1/2) Point for each day volunteering at one of the following: The Monumental Mile (6/6), the Indy Half at Fort Ben Packet Pick Up (10/4 and/or 10/5), the Monumental Health & Fitness Expo (11/7 and/or 11/8) and on the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon race day (11/9)
COMPANIES CAN ALSO RECEIVE ONE (1) BONUS POINT FOR PARTICIPATING AND/OR VOLUNTEERING AT ALL THREE BEYOND MONUMENTAL EVENTS!
Many people walk the shorter 5k routes. However, if your employees are ready to challenge their levels of fitness, Beyond Monumental has partnered with Indy Runners. The organization offers training programs for those looking to participate in a 5k or marathon. Additionally, your employees can earn points by volunteering at the events.
The Beyond Monumental organization tracks points for each company. When employees register for each event, they are asked to include the name of their company.
There is no fee for an organization to enter. Participants pay race entry fees. Many organizations sponsor these fees (in full or in part) on behalf of their employees.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Register for the Apex Benefits Monumental Challenge
Encourage employees to register for any number of the three Beyond Monumental events. No matter their fitness level, all employees can participate as a runner, walker or volunteer and earn points.
Rack up the points and earn bragging rights as the winner!
VERY SMALL BUSINESS
1st Indianapolis City Market
2nd Pass the Torch for Women
3rd Lisc Indianapolis
1st The International Center
2nd The Runners Forum
3rd SafeDose Pharmacy
1st Delta Faucet
2nd Wild Eggs
3rd Clif Bar Baking Company
1st CNO Financial Group
2nd Eli Lilly
THE MONUMENTAL MILE
The Indianapolis Monumental Mile is introduced as an early summer fitness test and a launching point for your fall training. Designed for fast performances, the course is flat with no turns and is on the final portion of both the Monumental Marathon and Half Marathon courses. For the experienced runner, it’s your chance to eclipse your high school bests.
Registration fee: $25
INDY HALF MARATHON AT FORT BEN
The 24th annual Indy Half Marathon takes place in historical Fort Harrison State Park which includes a half marathon and 5k. The Half Marathon course requires a 17:00 per mile race. All participants in the Half Marathon receive a medal and a technical Quarter-Zip Shirt.
- Half Marathon: $60
- 5k: $25
- Kids Fun Run: $10
CNO FINANCIAL INDIANAPOLIS MONUMENTAL MARATHON
Heading into its 9th year the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon is Indiana’s largest and fastest marathon and among the 100 largest marathons in the world. Starting and finishing on the grounds of the Indiana State Capitol, this flat and fast course highlights landmarks and historical neighborhoods throughout Indianapolis. In addition to the Boston-qualifying Monumental Marathon, there is a half marathon, 5k and Kids’ Fun Run.
Registration fees before June 27:
- Marathon: $90
- Half Marathon: $70
- 5k: $35
- Kids Fun Run: $10